of Lose, Loss, Lost, and Loose... Oh, the misery!


Wearing a supposedly loose tunic top that is in reality too tight for my liking, I tried to lose myself in the crowd hiding from my loser friend, Zalore. She loses her head every time she sees me because I am the only friend she has.


Since the loss of her cat a month ago, poor Zalore has been like a lost soul wandering about aimlessly looking for her cat that had gotten lost while chasing a small lizard down a rabbit hole.

I’m not saying that I look like her cat. Oh! no! I’m very much a human being, thank you very much. It’s just that I had a way with words and I managed to convince her that she will never lose me. But if only she knew.

I hate to break it to her but being a mere mortal, I may die soon, and that she will lose me too. But until then, I don’t want to add to her misery. The loss of her cat is enough to make her lose her mind, albeit until I came into the picture. So I really think I shouldn’t make her feel that she will lose me too. Well, not so soon anyway.




I know I haven’t lost my touch when I managed to talk Zalore out of getting back with her boyfriend. You see, she had been trying to lose herself in her sorrow by eating ice-cream every single day. That was until she caught sight of her ex-boyfriend last week. Suddenly, she had been having this crazy idea that it's time for them to pick up where they had left off.


She seemed to forget that her ex-boyfriend had cut himself loose from her over a year ago. How many times Zalore had lost her memory about a simple thing like that, I have lost count. She’s fond of mourning her loss by turning to the very people who had cut her loose from their life. Maybe she didn't get the memo that if someone had cut you loose, that means they want nothing to do with you, ever.





Be that as it may, I will try not to make Zalore's sense of loss become worse. Being a good friend that I am, I will stick by her through thick and thin no matter what it takes, even at the expense of losing my own mind (Just kidding! Of course, I won't let it reach that point. God forbid!) 

And to prevent her from suffocating herself to death in her skin-tight top, maybe I should advise her to start wearing loose clothing. Well, that is if Zalore hasn't lost her sense of humor too. Don't think she's going to take too kindly to my unsolicited advice. It's worth a try, though. It's not like I have anything to lose, have I?